EITC Accessibility Statement
EITC is committed to providing an accessible, informative, and interactive Web site to all users, including those with disabilities. We have designed this site for use with a variety of platforms and browsers, including screen readers, text-only browsers, and users with slow Internet connections.
The site includes the following accessibility features:
Clarity of Content
- Language: We strive to use the clearest and simplest language appropriate for the site's content.
- Links are written with self-explanatory text, and clearly differentiated from other links on a page.
- All pages on this site use structured semantic markup. H1 tags are used for main titles, H2, H3, and H4 tags for subtitles. This provides a logical structure for all browsers.
Text and Presentation
- Color: When color is used to convey information, we've included redundant features that convey the same information without the use of color. Fonts and background colors have been selected for high contrast and readability.
- Data tables: Row and column headers are identified in the HTML code.
- Page layout and font styles are defined in "ems" rather than "pixels" to allow font resizing by all browsers.
- Non-text elements: All images have alt tags and specifications for height/width sizes.
- "Skip to content," "Main Navigation," and "To top of page" links on every page allows screen readers and text only browsers to navigate quickly.
- A text-only site map provides navigation throughout the EITC site.
- This site uses cascading style sheets for visual layout.
- If your browser or browsing device does not support style sheets at all, the content of each page is still readable.
- We've avoided pop-ups and new windows except for links that lead off of this site.
Overall Web Standards/Accessibility
This site closely follows the guidelines outlined in the W3C Consortium's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines), and Section 508 of the ADA. However, we reserve the right to modify these guidelines in the interest of interactivity, and user choice. If you have any questions or comments about the accessibility of this Web site, please send us an e-mail: (email@example.com).